Finding Clients | Consistency and randomness with Emma-Louise Parkes
This episode is part of our mini-series all about finding clients. Tune in as we discuss all the ways to find clients in the online space and get real about what works and what doesn’t. You’ll hear practical strategies and transparent conversations about where clients really come from so that you can hopefully find more clients and just feel normal about where you’re at now.
In this episode, we’re talking with Emma-Louise Parkes, an Online Business Coach and Strategist for ambitious introverts, empaths, and HSPs. Before entering the online business space, she spent 17 years in one of the world’s most stressful, male-focused, and extroverted fields: air traffic control. Today, Emma-Louise is an internationally recognised certified online business consultant and NLP master practitioner with accreditations in EFT/TFT. She’s also the host of the award winning podcast, The Ambitious Introvert®. Having built her six-figure brand in under three years without previous business experience, Emma-Louise is proof that when you take aligned action, you can scale your business with ease and speed.
- Expecting the unexpected: “clients come to me in unexpected ways”
- Feeling like clients come out of the blue
- Relationship building is key but takes time
- Staying patient and sticking to a strategy for 5 months before it worked
- Figuring out what content strategy will work for you long term
- Underestimating the energy needed for launching and the unpredictability
- Stacking lead generation strategies for the short and long term
- Prioritizing marketing tactics with limited bandwidth
- Exploring and understanding what type of content your client enjoys
- Attaching to the outcome but detaching from the how
- Sticking with strategies for at least 90 days
- Mixing educational content with sales content
- WTH “suck eggs” means… see below
Top tip or advice for finding clients:
Be open to all the random ways and don't make it 'have' to look a certain way to mean it's working.
WTH “suck eggs” means…
Sucking eggs is a way to eat a raw egg by making a small hole in the shell and sucking the contents out.
Teach your grandmother to suck eggs (according to Go.com)
- Emerging sometime in the 1700s, and less commonly used today, this phrase intimates that a person might be "presuming to teach someone something that he or she knows already," said Turner. "The expression was most likely conceived as a comical way to drive the message home that elders know more than their juniors imagine."
Suck eggs (according to Urban Dictionary)
- to come up empty in an attempt to achieve. Jimmy applied to law school, but after a dismal score on the entrance exam he realized he was going to suck eggs.
- a command to 'get lost' or to 'buzz off'. often used in the form 'go suck eggs.' Johnny asked Alesa to the prom, but after that stupid prank he pulled at the homecoming dance, she told him to go suck eggs.
Connect with Jordan Schanda King:
Connect with this week’s guest, Emma-Louise Parkes:
Love what you heard?
Reviews really help us out! As a thank you, I'll share my 90-Day Planning Formula ($97 Value) if you submit a screenshot of your 5-star review below.